Re: Disable IPv6 by default.

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
James Hubbard wrote:
On 9/14/07, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg hi is> wrote:
Ps.
         For all you IPv6 Fan boys out there how well is it working when
implemented???

It works like a charm.
I have real IPv6 both at home and at work. It does not cause any problems - actually I don't even notice when I am connected with what protocol. But when I run a tcpdump I see from time to time that it actually is IPv6 that is used when I connect to a webserver or send an email.

         How well is it working out site your LAN/WAN and communicating
with the rest off the world???

No problem.

         How well is strictly use of IPv6 working in communicating out
site LAN/WAN deployment..

Today it is not possible to live without IPv4. But when I ssh or browse servers with both IPv6 and IPv4, IPv6 is used. Both internally and externally. Also, when I tail the logs on the webservers I can see a growing number of clients connecting with IPv6.

Welcome to the future - it's now.

Rgds.

Ola Thoresen

--