Re: Disable IPv6 by default.

John Reiser wrote:
I use ipv6 daily. why should i go through extra steps when having both enabled does not hurt people with ipv4 only connections?

Perhaps you've heard of the recommended policy "turn off all unused services"?
Enabling IPv6 wastes RAM (several dozen pages) and is a security risk
when the only connections used are IPv4.

Just publicize the easy OFF switch:
----- /etc/modprobe.conf
alias net-pf-10 off
-----

Actually... That is no longer as useful as it used to be. On F7, IPv6 will still be enabled on boot, even if this config is in place (in my experience)...

Try putting this in modprobe.conf instead:
-----
install ipv6 /bin/true
-----

/Thomas