Re: Disable IPv6 by default.

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
Dennis Gilmore wrote:
Please provide proof of your claims. where is the security risk? Johann. why exactly do you want ipv6 disabled?

Majority of user are not using it, it's wasting time and resources, faster boot time.

When I turn things "off" or disable them programs should not be wasting time and resources to be running an constantly listening or checking and wondering if they are gonna receive "instruction" to process and further instruct
a program that I have already disabled.

In all fairness...

put "install ipv6 /bin/true" in modprobe.conf, then run "chkconfig ip6tables off" and that's it - after a reboot, you're IPv6 free...

This is just not worth changing defaults over. IPv6 is the future (whether you like it or not), so lets just leave it there to be as ready as possible when the ship sails. I haven't swithced to IPv6 either, but it takes less that 30 secs to disable it on a newly installed system. 30 secs that I can easily spare on this. If you do mass installations. Letting kickstart implement these changes will add 0 seconds to the install time.

/Thomas