Re: Why use an old GNUTLS?

Leo wrote:
On 2007-09-16 13:37 +0100, Alex Lancaster wrote:
Hmm, I notice that gnutls is used as a shared library in many
applications that it might be non-trivial to update if the .so version
is bumped because it will require a lot of rebuilds.

That's why it is difficult for users to upgrade this package. I try to
remove Gnutls and that will remove 299 packages that depend on it as
well.

Does anyone know if this new GnuTLS is API and/or ABI compatible? I know that they broke a load of API functions between 1.0 and 1.4, which required a source patches and retesting for libvirt.

Rich.