Re: Can Name=GenericName go away now, please?

Le Lun 17 septembre 2007 16:15, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 09:05:16 -0500
> Rex Dieter <rdieter math unl edu> wrote:

>> I'm aware of the history that brought us to this point, and using
>> the
>> generic items, but I think it's time to re-evaluate the decision,
>> especially in the context of fedora's various spins.
>
> Is a tooltip popup with what the application name actually is not
> enough? We have to satisfy two groups here, those that are looking
> for
> an "email client" and those that are looking for "thunderbird".

And one could change the menu policy from one to the other or a combo
of both if GNOME apps didn't hijack Name with what the spec says
should go in genericname

Even if we chose to retain the current behaviour as default it has no
business being implemented through a gross f.d.o. spec violation.

--
Nicolas Mailhot