Re: Useless OpenEXR split

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:18:26 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> > For jasper, the executables are _example programs_. RTFM confirms that.
>
> I've found at least one example (kopete?) where it assumes the presence of
> the jasper binary.

As mentioned before, no comment in the spec file reflects that. :(

The names of the jasper tools don't appear in libjasper.so.1, so
perhaps you've found an external dependency on one of the tools (and
that ought to be documented in the same place where there is the
"Requires: /usr/bin/jasper" or similar). It would still be no reason
to make libjasper require the examples.

$ repoquery --whatrequires libjasper.so.1
jasper-debuginfo-0:1.900.1-4.fc8.i386
kdelibs-6:3.5.7-22.fc8.i386
jasper-0:1.900.1-4.fc8.i386
jasper-devel-0:1.900.1-4.fc8.i386