Re: Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

Richi Plana wrote:
Sorry. It was the alsa-oss-libs packages requirement that tripped me up.
Let's see if I understand correctly now: flash-plugins tries the
OSS /dev/dsp interface (which didn't work on my system when
alsa-oss-libs.i386 was missing because the OSS emulation doesn't work
without those libs?) and, failing that, tries to find libflashsupport.so
within $PATH or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, loads it and uses it? (actually, it
might even be preferring that over OSS).

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to figure out what the best way is
to ensure that there is support for flash-plugins packaging-wise. If PA
isn't installed, then the other alternative requirements should be
installed (either OSS or OSS-emulation by ALSA).
you seem to be confused
flash uses alsa by default not oss ...