Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

Kostas Georgiou wrote:

Aren't those users the ones that most likely will need to login as root
(with a GUI) at some point in the future because for example they
managed to disable their user account? Do you really expect them to be
able use the command line from the console?

I don't see how normal users would somehow manage to disable their user account. Can you explain such a scenario that you have experienced? I guess they do need to use a console in such circumstances.

Rahul