Re: Can Name=GenericName go away now, please?

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 08:34 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> In addition: wouldn't it make sense to display the DescriptiveName
> normally if just one app of that kind is installed? E.g. if just
> Evolution was installed -> you just find "E-Mail-Client" in your menu.
> If both Thunderbird and Evo are installed display "Evolution
> (E-Mail-Client) " and "Thunderbird (E-Mail-Client)" or something like that?

Personally, I think it's best to be consistent all throughout so as not
to confuse users when apps are added. Besides, would you believe that
some people these days are more familiar with the term Firefox than they
are with "browser" or even the phrase "Browse the Internet"?! "Internet"
would probably suffice, but that would answer to a lot of other things,
too. Sad.
--

Richi Plana