Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

Richi Plana wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 07:37 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
Can this information be included on the login screen, somewhere small and
discreet, like in faded text on the bottom left or something?  I was
unaware of it and would have found it useful one evening some time ago.

How about suggest a change in GDM so that when a user tries to log-in
with the "root" account, it displays a message box informing them that
root login is disabled and what their options are?
--
Your currently trying to log in as root ( oh did I type root I was gonna write smurkydoo ) The root account is currently disable please press <ctrl><alt> F1 type root as your Login name and the root password enable the root account
exit then try again..

lol....

Best regards
              Johann B.