Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

Richi Plana wrote:
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 07:37 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:
Can this information be included on the login screen, somewhere small and
discreet, like in faded text on the bottom left or something?  I was
unaware of it and would have found it useful one evening some time ago.

How about suggest a change in GDM so that when a user tries to log-in
with the "root" account, it displays a message box informing them that
root login is disabled and what their options are?
Your currently trying to log in as root ( oh did I type root I was gonna write smurkydoo ) The root account is currently disable please press <ctrl><alt> F1 type root as your Login name and the root password enable the root account
exit then try again..

Best regards
              Johann B.

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
IT Management.
Reiknistofnun University of Iceland.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg hi is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland. Fax: +354-552-8801