Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

I am pretty certain many Fedora users use Fedora for both situations and
consider a "mere desktop spin" a waste of time.

That's ok. We will know soon enough how much interest there is when there is a general release of Fedora 8 and we get downloads and feedback.

That's more useful than talking about RHEL. We all know the audience is different between these distributions.
It is not. - Otherwise EPEL would not exist.
- Those using RHEL @situation X (eg. @work) not unlikely are the same
people running Fedora @situation Y (eg. @home)

Your own example of running Fedora at home and RHEL at work is exactly the different kind of roles and expectations that I was talking about.

Rahul