Re: screen blanking considered useless

Florin Andrei wrote:
In text mode, the console goes blank after a predetermined time - I think it's 15 minutes or something like that.

I would argue that this is unnecessary nowadays.

Less necessary, probably true. However I have an iMac that now has a nice "burn-in" on it's flat panel of a text mode dialogue box telling me X has restarted too many times. I didn't think it could happen on modern monitors, in paritcularly I thought it was only really applicable to CRTs but it appears in at least some circumstances it still can.

--
Ian Chapman.