Re: screen blanking considered useless

Once upon a time, Matthew Miller <mattdm mattdm org> said:
> It *can* be changed (man setterm, man console_codes), but I believe the
> upper limit is one hour, which is probably too short for what you want.

No, you can disable it.  I've been putting:

    /usr/bin/setterm -blank 0 -store < /dev/tty1 > /dev/tty1

in /etc/rc.d/rc.local on my servers for years (probably close to 10
years or so now).

Of course, most of my servers now just have serial console, so it
doesn't do much of anything anymore.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>