Root login in rawhide and display managers

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Sep 20 13:19:25 UTC 2007

Richi Plana <myfedora <at> richip.dhs.org> writes:
> Why would anyone want an application to run, anyway, that has the
> potential of bringing down the system or accessing other users' files?

Unfortunately, when you're the only user on the system, running your
applications as your regular user won't help much, they can still eat all your
files. You'd have to run applications like browsers as a different user to take
advantage of the user-based security model, and I don't see many people doing
that.

        Kevin Kofler