Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:23:11PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 06:52:02PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> Sure there is. Update policies, lifecycle etc. What applies to RHEL does
>>> not necessarily apply to Fedora and vice versa. There are many technical
>> I use fedora rawhide and centos 4/5, and I don't see many differences,
>> except of course for the 2 items you mentioned above.
>
> These two are very significant technical differences.

Indeed, but do they get into line with respect with non root/root login
in dm issue?

> Majority of updates are backported patches to maintain ABI compatibility.

Ok, still the lifetime difference.

> This is just a side effect of Fedora having it when RHEL 5 was branched and
> doesn't really make RHEL non-free.

I don't know exactly because I had no contact with the RHEL people in
charge of openmotif, but it is not completly clear that RHEL 6 will use
lesstif. As always I would apreciate more info on that, but...

--
Pat