Some questions about Fedora

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Thu Sep 20 14:14:48 UTC 2007

Hi Seth,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

On 20/09/07 at 08:42 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:11 +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Q1. Packages
> > How many "pieces of software" do you have in your distribution?
> In our development distribution:
> - 8232 compiled packages (binaries)
> - 4638 source packages

Mmmh, If I'm a fedora user, and need a package for something that isn't
in those 8232 binary packages, what should I do? Install from sources?
Or is there some sort of organized way to look for RPMs in unofficial
repositories? (I head of rpmfind, but I'm not sure it's what I think)
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |