Re: screen blanking considered useless

Jima wrote:

+1 -- I'd consider a change that might damage my hardware to be a regression.

That would be true if the installer would disable screen blanking without giving the option to change that. But that's not what I was talking about.

What I'd like to see is the installer allowing the sysadmin to choose the screen blanking time, or even disable it altogether. I don't care very much about the default, as long as I can choose.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/