Re: Root login in rawhide and display managers

on 9/21/2007 4:11 PM, Richi Plana wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 15:08 -0400, David Boles wrote:
>> The stripped down session that you propose would be ok. But then you will
>> start a 'flame' about just what this session should contain.  ;-)
>
> Well, we can always start with X and twm then slowly change or add
> things, ;). There's already a proposal to give them at least metacity
> and lxpanel. I dunno ... that seems a lot, ;).
>
> In effect, it would be like kids asking for a little bit more at a time
> proving along the way that it's needed. :)

Which is pretty much what I said.  ;-)

I don't know why it is but most Linux users, not *ALL* of us, have this
mindset that Linux, and the developers, owe us this great debt of
gratitude because we use the software that they so generously work on for
next to nothing and give to us for free.  8-)
--

  David