Re: hpet timer patch for powertop

Cool, but it seems that my tickless kernel is ticking! Also since "grep -i hpet /proc/timer_list" returns nothing, it seems my BIOS is disabling hpet, so the hpet force-enable patch is needed. I guess the question now is, will F8 kernel contain that patch? Since the powertop guys say that *lots* of BIOSs disable hpet, I think it's beneficial to merge that.