Re: yum pulling in 386 packages

David Woodhouse wrote:
On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 12:14 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
On Saturday 22 September 2007 11:14:02 David Woodhouse wrote:
So, those of you with pristine 64 bit machines, watch out for this or 32
bit packages will start creeping back into your system. Is this a known
problem or should a bz be filed?
Hm, how did you get a pristine 64-bit machine?
One day a couple months ago, I noticed I was about to download > 100 Mb of packages that I would never use (I think it was all the 386 kde packages), so I did a yum remove of every 386 or 686 package I could find. Doing "yum update" has not pulled any 386 packages back in until today.

Yeah, I think the bug only trips when you pull in something by name. If
you invoke 'yum install foo' that will pull in both versions
yum install yum-basearchonly will do exactly that (only pull in foo if you want foo.i386 you have to ask for it).