Re: Calling any text editor for any text file

Marcin Zajączkowski wrote:
Hi,

Some time ago I asked [1] about calling default text editor from an
application (here for isomaster). I can't use editor assigned to
specified mime type, because any (text) file (even html) should be
opened in a text editor (not e.g. web browser).

I wrote a small script for that purpose and before its upload I would
like to ask for comments.

[1] -
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2007-August/msg00698.html

After you are done with adding whatever optimizations has been suggested here, you might want to post to the portland list in freedesktop.org and include this as part of xdg-utils so everyone can benefit.

Rahul