Re: yum pulling in 386 packages

On Mon, 2007-09-24 at 09:48 -0400, Steve Grubb wrote:
> If you are a developer and  *want* the ability to do cross compiling,
> then I could see those people wanting multilib.

Note that we're not talking about "multilib or not". We're talking about
whether to install a bunch of packages for the secondary architecture by
_default_.

If you want to build a package (other than in mock), then you have to
install its dependencies -- a bunch of -devel packages.

Would you expect those packages to be installed for you automatically,
just in _case_ you need them? That's the kind of thinking that leads to
wanting an 'Everything' install, isn't it?

--
dwmw2