Re: Broken dependencies in Fedora 7 + Test Updates - 2007-09-24

Daniel P. Berrange <berrange <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Whatever script is producing this report is broken, since /usr/bin/mkisofs
> definitely exists on F7, and I could install perl-Test-AutoBuild without
> any dependancy problems on F7

But the testing update 1.1.6-3 no longer provides this file at RPM level,
because it now sets it up using the alternatives system, thus upgrading leaves
you with a broken dependency.

There's a 1.1.6-5 pending which has this file marked as %ghost (as a hack to
make the transition from hardcoded symlinks to alternatives working smoothly).
Are %ghosted files considered "provided" by RPM?

        Kevin Kofler