Re: truecrypt

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Neal Becker wrote:
Has anyone looked at truecrypt?  Looks interesting.  I D/L the source, but
it says:

 Note that Linux kernel headers, located in the 'include' directory, are
 not sufficient for compilation of the TrueCrypt kernel module. Fields of
 'dm_dev' structure must be accessed by TrueCrypt but they are defined only
in
 an internal kernel header 'drivers/md/dm.h'. No appropriate accessor
function
 is available. The complete source code of the Linux kernel is required for
 compilation of the kernel module.

Don't we BR kernel-devel when building kmods anyway? I don't think this is a problem at all. (Aside from the possibility of kmod packaging going anyway, anyway.)

     Jima