Re: Fedora i386 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-09-25

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:37:43 -0500
Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch dell com> wrote:

> i re-ran the failures overnight, so some previously false failures are
> now good.  I'll have the stats email out shortly.  Down to 395
> failures on i386, 408 on x86_64.

Did your build set include glibc-2.6.90-14?  That introduces
-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE{,=2} support for C++ and there may be some warnings in the build output about potential buffer overflows (which would result in runtime aborts and glibc logging).  I'm curious if we can check the C++ builds for any warnings like this.

Warnings such as "warning: call to __builtin___memcpy_chk will always
overflow destination buffer"

--
Jesse Keating