Re: [RFC] /var versus /srv

Richi Plana wrote:

Whenever I move services from one machine to another (say for a server
upgrade), I never backup /var. The only thing I backup out of it
is /var/www.

Hope you don't use databases such as mysql along with your www stuff, because you'd be sorely missing the databases in that case... Mysql puts databases in /var/lib/mysql per default on Fedora.

/Thomas