NO CD/DVD's detected

I don't know about after an initial f8t2 install, but at least since the
updates, k3b nor xcdroast can detect a cdrom nor dvd drive.  It wasn't
detected on my last updated system before I did a reinstall yesterday.
I can see the devices in the kernel messages.  Would this have to do
with cdrecord or something about that, as I thought there were license
problems with that program and therefore is maybe screwing things up?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"