Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Matthias Saou wrote:

What we need to do is get the feature to use add-on media at
installation time working again in Fedora. I had made a proof of
concept CD with freshrpms packages which could be used with a Fedora
installation a while back, but this has been "broken" ever since
anaconda switched to using yum as a backend (AFAIR).

Work will be better spent on fixing Fedora, that way we can just
provide an add-on CD which could be used at install time and provide
extra categories to pick from in order to install codecs, programs, and
of course enable rpmfusion in yum.

Completely agree on this front. A custom spin with different branding and name can be useful for other purposes. Somebody needs to serve as a test case for that.

FWIW, here is my "announcement" of the CD (it was for FC4) :
http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2006-January/013758.html
...notice the absolute zero feedback, though :-("

fedora-list might have yielded more feedback. RPMFusion folks might want to try something similar and try it integrate it as well as you can with the releases from Fedora.

Rahul