Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 16:09 -0600, Lamont Peterson wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 13:01:32 -0400
> Jeremy Katz <katzj redhat com> wrote:
> >  Changing that probably means committing to partitioning changes sooner
>
> I not sure that it would.  After all, yum can deal with swapping CDs and
> it will ask you for whichever one it wants next, which should also work
> for multiple-DVD installs as long as there isn't an assumption of how many
> discs a DVD can install can be.

The problem is that we have to mount and look at the additional CDs to
get their metadata and know what packages are available there.  And to
do that, we have to transfer stage2 elsewhere.  To RAM kind of sucks
because it increases the memory requirements by the size of stage2
(~100M) in a case where we're going to need more memory for package
metadata and dep solving.  Hence, the hard drive, hence partitioning
being committed sooner.

Jeremy