Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Douglas McClendon wrote:

"

Please tell me how my above thoeretical repackaging of fedora does not fall into this *very* explicitly permitted scenario.

The permissions listed was done IIRC to OEM's to do post install modifications such as ship a optional repository of software. The guidelines are a living document and written to state the Fedora Project's position on various things. If they are exploited to do things, Fedora Project does not endorse, they can and will be modified to not permit those activities.

IMO, modifying Fedora to offer Free software with patent restrictions or non-free software is one of those things, Fedora does not want to provide its brand towards for protecting the project goals as well as to avoid legal liability. Maybe spot (CC'ed) can look into why these permissions were provided in the first place.

Rahul