Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Rahul Sundaram (sundaram fedoraproject org) said:
>> I don't think you fully understood what I was describing, or the
>> specific permissions involved.
>
> I meant modification is a broader sense and not just patching some specific
> software. At any rate, the guidelines must reflect project goals and not
> vice versa.  What you want to do IMO definitely falls outside the scope of
> the project and must not retain the Fedora name. Now it is upto to Fedora
> Project Board and Red Hat legal to determine what's acceptable. Let's leave
> it at that.

The guidelines were specifically designed so that someone could ship
stock Fedora and an additional repository of vendor packages, whether
it be Dell addons, Creative Commons content or whatever.

If those guidelines are followed, then, without actually changing the
guidelines, it doesn't really matter what that content/packages are.

Bill