Re: [RFC] /var versus /srv

Le samedi 29 septembre 2007 à 13:41 +0200, Krzysztof Halasa a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas mailhot laposte net> writes:
>
> > Very often your critical data has not inflated like consumer OSes, so
> > the trend goes the other way (increasing OS data weight).
>
> So a home machine has more critical data than an enterprise network
> server? Hmm...

home systems have divx collectionx, enterprise rows of text in
databasases

> > [Several questions that show you've got absolutely no understanding of
> >  real-life enterprise contexts
>
> Nice argument :-)

Plain truth sorry

> > You're assuming every system connected to an enterprise backup system is
> > critical
>
> No, I don't. I was under impression that we are talking about essential
> systems. Non-essential systems may not require any backup at all - why
> would you backup something if you'd never want to restore it?

You obviously keep your home wide open with essential stuff in a
titanium bunker. I could waste time detailing all the real-life shades
of gray, but since I have better things to do, I'll stop there. You're
smart enough to figure it out if you take the time to think about the
problem.

--
Nicolas Mailhot