bluetooth not working automatically

Does bluetooth automatically work for anyone? I'm seeing the following
problems:

bluetooth service always fails to start at boot - address in use
	- can be started by hand after

bluetooth-applet doesn't seem to get run at login
	- works fine if started by hand

It seems like stuff is working, just not automatically.

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb unh edu    |