Re: /etc/hosts and system entries

I know we have several application (mostly third party apps on RHEL)
at work that break horribly if 127.0.01 is the hostname IP address.
The first thing I do when things are not working is to check
/etc/hosts and make sure someone/thing didn't put the hostname back
there.

On client machines it's probably a different issue, but on servers,
having it in /etc/hosts is unfun.

stahnma