Re: Fedora spin from RpmFusion

Douglas McClendon wrote:

Is it ok for
anyone and everyone to do so with any set of software? Does the current trademark guidelines match the goals of the project?

Honestly, what business is it of yours, how people distribute *unmodified* copies of fedora?

Some modifications are explicitly allowed by the trademark guidelines. My question to the Fedora Project Board was whether it should be.

Sure I'd love to have a legal license
which states that any free software I write, cannot be used by governments to support in any way whatsoever an institution which engages in 'baiting' tactics that use entrapment as justification for murder, but I'm a realist.

Such a restriction wouldn't qualify as Free software at all.

Rahul