Re: Kernel VMI (Virtual Machine Interface) in F7/F8?

On Sun, Sep 30, 2007 at 06:57:17PM -0200, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Hi there...
>
> It seems (noted in releasenotes) that F7 should have a VMI (Virtual
> Machine Interface) enabled kernel by default, but from what I can find
> in the .config files it doesn't... Do I need a special kernel (i.e. only
> the XEN kernel has VMI or something) or was it lost in a kernel update
> or...?

in config-x86-generic:

CONFIG_VIRTUALIZATION=y
CONFIG_VMI=y
CONFIG_LGUEST=m

but it doesn't appear that CONFIG_VMI is enabled on the x86_64 kernel
in config-2.6.23-0.214.rc8.git2.fc8.  Unless there's a better answer
shortly, please file this as a bug against the kernel.  It may just be
an oversight.

Thanks,
Matt

--