Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 01:58:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Selinux keeps proving me that it deserves to shut down. i can't help
> it that it blames me for playing flash animation, using a gif
> animation in a local web folder or oven just installing updates from
> fedora itself..

Actually you CAN help.. you CAN help by taking the hint i provided earlier
and start talking to people through the test list so we can troubleshoot the
specific messages you have been seeing..instead of doing what you are doing
right now, which is failing to communicate with enough specificity for
anyone to confirm or help track down so things can be fixed.  Clearly you've
made up you mind... you decided you don't WANT to help. That's fine.. that's
your choice... but do so with the understanding that by doing so you cheapen
the testing process that the pre-releases is meant to fulfill.  By choosing
to ignore selinux completely, you certainly aren't living up to the implied
agreement to act as a responsible tester when you chose to make use of the
pre-releases.

-jef"permissive mode is a available a compromise"spaleta