Fedora (again) forces me to disable SELinux

James Morris jmorris at namei.org
Tue Apr 1 04:58:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, Mark wrote:

> Btw.. justging from the selinux stats here:
> http://smolts.org/static/stats/stats.html it says that nearly 50%
> (48.4%) is turning off selinux. And my guess is that all fedora
> servers keep it on making up the other 50%.

Unfortunately, the raw statistics you see there are misleading, as they
include a large number of machines which do not report SELinux status at
all, and which are counted then as being disabled.  The actual figure is
likely to be somewhat higher.

Mike, can we get a disclaimer added to this page?

Thanks,

--
James Morris <jmorris at namei.org>