Is this the future for gnome users..

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Tue Apr 1 12:32:58 UTC 2008

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" píše v Út 01. 04. 2008 v 11:43 +0000:
> Was doing a standard application click test on a fresh rawhide default
> install..
>
> Is this it..
>
> Are we gonna tolerate this now..
Bug reports belong in bugzilla.  And yes, bugs are tolerated if nobody
has enough time to work on them - what's the alternative?

> Log in as a normal user..
>
> Application --> System Tools --> Disk Management
>
> Up comes a msg box
>
> [ User mount Tool ]
>
> There are no filesystem which you
> are allowed to mount or unmount.
> Contact your administrator.
>
> Mark this as the day that Gnome started to head down to > /dev/null
> and should be replaced by ( Never thought I would say this.. long time
> helixcode user ) KDE
> as the default
Actually, you have discovered usermount, a tool that has been available
for at least 10 years now.  GNOME not only didn't start to head anywhere
- this tool is not a part of GNOME at all.

Please file a bug report against redhat-menus to hide the menu entry in
GNOME (and perhaps KDE if it integrates with gnome-volume-manager).
	Mirek