upstart-visualize (Was Re: F9 parallel vs. serial bootscript)

On 31/03/2008, Optimization Kit <optimizationkit gmail com> wrote:
[..]
>  Something like a Fedora boot dependency graph would be useful :)
>
>  I have found this on Ubuntu upstart page
>  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReplacementInitscripts?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Graph.png
>  might be useful

I wrote a simple tool that visualizes an upstart boot process

http://www.stardust.webpages.pl/files/fedora-upstart/upstart-visualize.py

Might be useful for finding race conditions and circular deps

http://www.stardust.webpages.pl/files/fedora-upstart/deps1.png
http://www.stardust.webpages.pl/files/fedora-upstart/deps2.png

Regards,
Michal