Re: f9 resetting dns nameservers

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 18:42 +0200, Optimization Kit wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 01/04/2008, Xavier Toth <txtoth gmail com> wrote:
> > I initially install with dhcp configured but then reconfigured for a
> >  static ip. Now every time I reboot my resolv.conf is overwritten.
>
> I've got the same problem with NetworkManager.
>
> cat /etc/resolv.conf
> # generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!
>
> nameserver 160.195.151.8
>
> This really sucks.
>
> >  Who's doing this and how can I stop it?
>
> I don't know.

Update to the latest rawhide version of NetworkManager (svn3521), which
fixes the location that it reads your ifcfg files from (that anaconda
wrote on startup).

Then add the options DNS1, DNS2, and maybe DNS3 to your ifcfg file, and
NM will bring up your static connection correctly and use your DNS
servers.

Dan