Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

James Antill james at fedoraproject.com
Tue Apr 1 21:42:29 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 16:26 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> seth vidal wrote:
> >
> > this one is listing all installed and available pkgs:
> > time yum list > /dev/null
> >
> > real	0m4.404s
> > user	0m3.904s
> > sys	0m0.291s
> >

> > So yum is listing 10115 pkgs (on my system) in 4.404 seconds.
> >
> > I can't show you the comparable command in rpm b/c it doesn't exist.
>
> How many modules did it load and how many repos did it query?

 You know you can check out git HEAD in like one command, or try 3.2.13
from rawhide in a couple of yum commands ... if you think we are fudging
the numbers.

 For what it's worth I have 12 plugins and 10 enabled repos. (33
disabled ones) and yum list > /dev/null takes 3.6 seconds with git HEAD.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.com>
Fedora