Re: Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
* Les Mikesell [02/04/2008 00:27] :
I specifically complained about the version in FC6, but the reason it matters is that I have a large number of an equivalent version in Centos that I'll have to put up with for years.

Have you tried asking the CentOS guys to update their yum package?

The CentOS policy is to maintain strict and exact compatibility with their upstream "famous North American distribution" that won't let them mention their name. So it will update when you-know-who updates - which by policy isn't likely to be until the next major release.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com