Re: very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Harald Hoyer wrote:
Compiling these modules, which are loaded on nearly every PC, in the
kernel cuts down my boot time from 42s to 32s on my computer:

ata_generic
ata_piix
sr_mod
uhci_hcd

Does the boot time decrease depending on the number of modules you include in the kernel? Maybe it's just one or a few modules that make up the bulk of that time.

Also should configuring these bits as external modules really have this much of an impact on the boot time?

Regards,
  Dennis