Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:36:18 UTC 2008

Oke little update on my original post.
I'm not complaining about speed! i did that before around F7 and then
"proved" that i could do the same in a fraction of a second with mysql
but that was without checks. The speed is fine for me as it is
now.faster is better but this isn't a issue anymore. What i was saying
here is that yum first needs to download/update it's local data to
tell something that it could have easily done with rpm -q gimp. And
that was also my question if the current behaviour of that is a bug or
a feature. I also understand that this might be a rare case scenario
so therefore might not even be useful to implement.

Also please keep on the subject. Timings are very interesting (so let
them come ^_^)! but CentOS doesn't have anything to do with this so
don't start on that.