Source RPMS

I apologize if this is the wrong list for this.

I am looking into using Koji/Mock for some projects.  These tools take source rpms.  I am familiar with building binary rpms ( I normally compile the software install it in a chroot and build the RPM from that), but I am a little unclear as to how to produce a source rpm and my google searches have been a little unhelpful.  Are there any good resources on creating source rpms?

Thanks.

Mark Bidewell