Re: fWindows Data Migration Tool

Microsoft's File and Settings transfer tool migrates:
Perhaps some of those could be an inspiration

2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj <nikhil bbharadwaj yahoo com>:

2008/4/2 nikhil bharadwaj :
> I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into the
> Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync of all
> the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

It sounds cool. You would definitely want to filter what is going to
be synced though. Because of using things like VMware on Windows puts
all your VMs in My Documents\My Virtual Machines\ a user could use up
a ton of disk space replicating it.

One of the "Other" things to sync though would be Bookmarks and other
configuration items. Essentially making the Fedora an upgrade to any
Windows installation.

--Joe

Certainly, the idea to sync the Bookmarks would be great!
But I would like to know what the "Other Configuration Items" would be..??

--Nikhil Bharadwaj