Re: very common kernel modules slow down the boot process

Don Dutile wrote:
ps -- if you want to focus on something, how about delaying the loading
      of non-boot-essential drivers: sound, bluetooth, etc.
-- I can see the need for USB for serial-console on non-legacy machines.
    -- non-boot-essential daemon startup would be my next recommendation
       (see anything to do w/networking daemons...)

Delaying does only lead to a windows like startup behaviour.. you can see your Desktop, but you can't click it.