Fedora Windows Migration Tool

Mike Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Apr 2 14:46:54 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Fedora Windows Migration Tool
From: nikhil bharadwaj <nikhil.bbharadwaj at yahoo.com>
To: fedora-devel-list at redhat.com
Date: 04/02/2008 02:34 AM

> I have an idea of importing all the Windows documents,files,etc. into
> the Fedora partition during the installation. Also, maintaining a sync
> of all the files in both the OS's.
>
> A detailed overview and concept of the idea is in the given link:
>
> http://nikhilbharadwaj.wordpress.com/fedora-project-soc-2008/

> Total Access
> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=47523/*http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com>,
> No Cost.

Sounds great! This would make upgrading people to Linux extremely
painless. It should be an option in Anaconda or firstboot, such as
"One-time copy users (creates new users automatically) and files from
Windows partition" and/or "Synchronize Windows users and files every
hour (or setup a watchdog)" with a little applet in the taskbar showing
the status of the sync.

Hardcore Linux junkies may shrug this off and say its uncalled for and
call you names, but ignore them. They will always act that way. You are
doing the Fedora community a service with this idea by increasing the
reach of Linux in general to everyday Joe Smoes.

Regards,
Michael