Feature or bug? (strange?) yum behaviour

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 18:41:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> My only reason for mentioning more stable distributions was to point out
> that what happens in fedora doesn't stay in fedora - it affects a lot of
> people for a long time.

You continue to miss the point.  What you meant to say was...
What happens in Yum upstream development doesn't just stay in Yum upstream
development, it affects a lot of people for a long time. Fedora is just a
front line consumer of what yum upstream is doing..but Fedora is not yum
upstream. Just as Fedora is a front line consumer of something larger like
gnome.    In a previous post, you were asked to move your issues with yum
development to yum's upstream communication channels.

-jef"How do we draw a brighter line between Fedora as a downstream consumer
of cross-distribution projects?  How do we better educate people concerning
when its appropriate to drive discussion upstream versus encouraging Fedora
specific discussion on the matter?  I think I need a longer, sharper
eye-poking stick."spaleta